How to Harness Your Google Business Profile to Rank High in Google

Apple Podcast Player Badge
Spotify Podcast Player Badge
Google Podcast Player Badge
RSS Feed Badge

Show Notes

Show Notes

In this episode, Matt Nickols (CEO of MarketSnare), Kevin Mullett (VP of Program Services at  MarketSnare), and Tim Flint (Principal and Strategist at Flint Analytics) explore various topics related to multi-location marketing, including: * Google Business Profiles (formerly known as Google My Business) can help businesses manage their online presence across Google Search and Google Maps.

* How the info in your Google Business Profile ends up in Google’s “map pack” that display after potential customers search for local goods and services. Plus how the “map pack” is only viewable after some (but not all) very specific transactional intent searches are conducted.

* How map packs often get around 30% of organic traffic, and the rest of the organic traffic (around 70%) usually comes from the normal Google search results shown on a page.

* Two questions people think about when they search for your local goods or services via Google: Is this relevant to me? Is the distance appropriate?

* The differences between informational searches and transactional searches. So, Googling “HVAC scams” is an informational search, and Google probably won’t show you a map pack. However, Googling “HVAC repairs” is a transactional search, and Google will probably show you a map pack.

 

Thanks to our guests!

Connect with Tim Flint: https://www.linkedin.com/in/timothyflint/

Learn more about Flint Analytics: https://flintanalytics.com/

Connect with Kevin Mullett: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kevinmullett/

 

Learn more about how MarketSnare helps businesses succeed at digital marketing: https://www.marketsnare.com.

Be sure to subscribe to “The Multi-Location Marketing Show.” In our podcast, co-hosts Matt and Eilliot will share stories that empower marketers to take control of local websites, listings, reviews, social media, lead nurturing, and digital ads that deliver unrivaled results in each local market.


Connect and follow!

* Matt Nickols: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mattnickols.

* Elliot Olson: https://www.linkedin.com/in/elliotmolson.

* https://www.linkedin.com/company/marketsnare/about.

* https://twitter.com/marketsnare.

* https://www.facebook.com/MarketSnare.

MarketSnare’s local marketing automation platform empowers marketers to efficiently scale local marketing programs across many locations through unique centralized tools & services designed for multi-location businesses. Take control of local websites, listings, reviews, social media, lead nurturing, & digital ads to create marketing programs that deliver unrivaled results in each local market: https://www.marketsnare.com.


This episode was produced by Story On Media & Marketing: https://www.successwithstories.com.


  • Matthew Nickols
    Matthew Nickols
    Matthew Nickols, Founder and CEO of MarketSnare, is a veteran of the digital marketing industry with more than 25 years experience. As chief strategist and consultant, Matthew has worked with SMBs to Fortune100 companies across multiple industries. For the past decade, his focus has been on increasing effectivity, improving ROI, and maximizing efficiency of multi-location marketing programs.
  • Elliot Olson
    Elliot Olson
    Elliot Olson, our host and a passionate professional for business growth, works with leaders and teams supporting them in local marketing and customer experience. For the past three years he’s helped multi-location marketers navigate the challenges of deploying and managing local marketing programs.