Client Profile and Marketing Objectives
WaterFurnace International is one of the most recognized and respected names in geothermal heating and cooling technology in North America and around the globe.
WaterFurnace manages a large dealer / distributor network with thousands of independent HVAC dealers. WaterFurnace sought MarketSnare’s help with its dealer websites and online marketing program. The company was having challenges providing effective local digital marketing support to their dealer network. Each dealer was responsible for marketing the WaterFurnace brand in their own local market which created many problems including:
- out of date and incorrect product data on local websites no ability to update product content or promotions on local dealer websites
- poor representation of the WaterFurnace brand at the local level
- low visibility in local search results for important geothermal related keyword searches
- lack of analytics on local marketing performance and search visibility
With dealers on an international scale, WaterFurnace wanted the ability to provide them with world-class local websites that contained consistent and accurate branding, message and product updates. The company wanted their dealers to be well represented in search results when prospective customers search for local geothermal solutions. WaterFurnace sought to leverage the MarketSnare platform to:
- create a cost-effective dealer website and online marketing program
- improve local search engine optimization results for dealers participating in the program
- provide centralized content updates to all dealer sites quickly and efficiently
- coordinate promotions across website network in real time to specific dealers based on geography, product lines carried, level and other criteria
- implement and support company tools across all websites including cost savings calculator, videos and document downloads
The MarketSnare Solution
Leverage central brand and content assets to create centrally managed dealer websites with strong organic search visibility.
MarketSnare partnered with WaterFurnace, working alongside the company’s marketing and IT teams, to implement a solution to accomplish its goals. The process began by developing a comprehensive NetCentered Marketing strategy for the dealer network that defined a plan for success that could be applied to each local dealer including a local visibility strategy, campaign coordination, keyword targets, conversion strategy, and key performance indicators to monitor the programs effectiveness.
Once launched, theMarketSnare program gave WaterFurnace the ability to actively manage its dealers’ web presence, including:
- centrally controlled content updates and campaign roll-outs
- online marketing knowledge and training portal
- defining dealer groups to push specific content updates
- local search engine optimization technologies for multiple geographies and search terms that increased site visibility, traffic and lead generation
- analytic tools to measure results of marketing efforts for each local dealer and the entire network collectively
- intuitive content management tools for local dealers to customize their websites
“To say we’re pleased is an understatement. Within 60 days of implementation, the dealers’ websites were appearing on the first page of Google for 148 of 182 targeted cities. And 79 of those sites were showing up first in organic search results.”
Local Marketing Program Results
Greater local relevance leads to improved local visibility, web traffic, and higher conversion rates.
Pella’s WaterFurnace has been so pleased with the results from their MarketSnare program that they’ve continued to expand the program across other brands.Among the program successes… …
85% first-page placement
of dealer websites for primary market and target term searches
of all local website traffic coming from organic search
of monthly local website visitors are new prospects